Sunday, August 16, 2009

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yay! The tomatoes are here!!! Stupice and Silvery Fir were neck and neck coming in earlier this week (around the 12th). I think Silvery Fir (pictured) won by a nose. It's not raining tomatoes yet but they are starting to trickle in. So far I have harvested 3 SF and 2 Stupice as well as 1 Black Cherry. My SIL came up from MD last weekend and brought me some Jaune Flamme from plants I had started and given to her. They tasted great-starting sweet with a tomato finish- but the skins were very thick. I'll cut them some slack since she probably picked them Wed night/thurs a.m. and I didn't eat them until Monday. I didn't take notes on the SF and Stupice, I just ate them right up! As you can see from the photo, I almost cut int SF before I took the picture! The black cherry from today was excellent. I'm not big on cherry tomatoes but this one tasted like a mini full sized tomato. The JF's weighed in at 1,1.2 and 2.1 oz. pretty small. Forgot to write down the weight of SF and Stupice and didn't weigh or take a picture of BC. I've got a good number of green tomatoes in the garden some are a very respectable size but nothing is turning yet. I suspect Green Zebra, Dr. Wyche and Super Sioux will be coming soon as well as MT2 and MT5 based on their current sizes. Fingers are still crossed against the late blight.

No comments: