Saturday, March 20, 2010

Update-


More tomato news: Yesterday Hillbilly, Dr Carolyn's Pink and William's Striped poked through. This morning I see Aunt Ruby's German Green, Goose Creek (!), Pruden's Purple, Green Grape and Dr. Wyche's Yellow. Very exciting! I still have 5 that haven't poked through- Principe Borghese, Indian Stripe :( KBX, Black from Tula and Stupice. 2 of the 3 tomatillos are up.

Yesterday I planted (in newspaper pots) peas (Alaska-8 pots of 2 & Cascadia-8 pots of 3) and fava beas (Aquadulce- 12 pots of 1). I put them in a plastic deli tray with a clear dome on top and I'll set it out in the garden today (safe from the dog). I'm also going to set the onions out for a while today to harden off. I'm not sure if they need to be hardened off before planting but I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

I went to a farm store yesterday that DH told me about: bad move on his part! I got some stuff for the dogs then went a little nuts in their summer bulb section- dahlias, gladiolus', crocosmia, caladiums, and oriental lilies. Sweet!

No comments: